EXCELLENCE IN CONSTRUCTION
EXCELLENCE IN CONSTRUCTION
Deadline to apply: August 6, 2021
Just Getting Started in Your Safety Training Program?
Associated Builders and Contractors-Greater Michigan will be conducting its sixth annual EIC awards competition at the local level, recognizing and promoting the quality workmanship by our very own merit shop contractors and their employees. This program has been a part of the ABC National program of events for over thirty years and has become the premier competition within the construction industry that recognizes outstanding construction projects across the nation.
The Greater Michigan Chapter continues to conduct the annual EIC Awards competition at the local level, to recognize and promote the quality workmanship by our very own merit shop contractors and their employees.
Any General Contractor or Trade Contractor member of ABC/GMC, in good standing, may enter the competition. To be considered in good standing, a company must be current in their payment of annual membership dues and/or any other association charges.
Entry Rules & Registration
- A per-project registration fee is required with each entry. $300 for the first entry and a discount rate of $200 for any additional entries, use code: 2021_additional_entry. All submissions will be invoiced following application completion.
- Members may enter multiple projects per category or a single project in multiple categories. Please note, multiple projects in one category may end up in competition with each other.
- The project entered must have been completed between September 1, 2020, and August 6, 2021. If required, the date on the Certificate of Substantial Completion shall determine the project’s completion. Trade Contractors may enter their contracted work even if the rest of the project has not been completed.
- Entries are accepted from across the state of Michigan.
- If your contract includes work that will be covered up before the project is completed, please provide construction photos for use by the judges.
- All accepted entries become property of ABC/GMC and may be used for publication or for any other purpose the association deems appropriate.
- The Official Entry Form must be fully completed online and submitted no later than August 6th, 2021.
- All entry fees are non-refundable.
- The member submitting an entry must receive authorization from the owner prior to entering the project.
- All entries should be submitted online at www.projectpresenter.com/abcgmcawards.
The panel of judges represents a cross-section of our industry from the Greater Michigan Chapter footprint. Members of the judges’ panel will evaluate and score all entries and will determine the award winners. Winners will not be announced in advance of the event and will be announced live at the “Greatness & Gratitude Gala” Awards Program on September 9, 2021.
General Contractor/CM Categories
- New Construction (Ground Up)
- Renovation/Addition (Includes interior build-out)
- Sustainable Building
Trade Contractor Categories
- Concrete Construction
- Exterior Finishes
- Interior Finishing
- Precast Concrete
- Misc. Steel
- Fire Protection
- Process Piping
- Sheet Metal (Duct)
- General Trades
- Low Voltage Systems
- Roofing-Single Ply
- Structural Steel
The EIC Award winners will be announced and presented by the Greater Michigan Chapter on September 12, 2019, at Apple Mountain in Freeland, MI. A presentation of all entries and announcement of the winning entries will be shown during the award ceremony.
Recognition in the form of awards and publicity will be given to the EIC winner in each category.
All entries should be submitted online at www.projectpresenter.com/
2020 Excellence in Construction Winners
- Electrical: Metro Place Apartments, Lansing – Consolidated Electrical Contractors
- Plumbing: Balfour Senior Living, Ann Arbor – American Plumbing Contractors, Inc.
- GC/CM New Construction – Under $1 Million: MidMichigan College Outdoor Learning Center, Harrison – Three Rivers Corporation
- GC/CM New Construction – $5-10 Million: Shelterhouse, Midland – Three Rivers Corporation
- GC/CM New Construction – Over $10 Million: Hyatt Flint, Flint – Wolgast Corporation
- GC/CM Addition/Renovation – $1-5 Million: H Hotel Courtyard, Midland – Three Rivers Corporation
- GC/CM: Addition/Renovation- $5-10 Million: Shaheen Cadillac, Lansing – Laux Construction
- GC/CM Addition/Renovation – Over $10 Million: Flushing Community Schools Athletic Fieldhouse, Flushing – Wolgast Corporation
Primary Communities Served